Monday

Recipe for A Sweet & Sour Sauce


Yes, I'm a diabetic, but I love Chinese food and it wouldn't be the same without Sweet & Sour Sauce, especially on my beloved egg rolls. A store bought brand of regular sweet & sour has for a 1 tablespoon serving, 25 calories, 70 mg. of sodium 6.5 grams of carbs, a 1 tablespoon serving of this sauce has 8 calories, 58 mg. of sodium, and 2 grams of carbs. While the difference isn't staggering, remember that this is just a condiment and the more you can save of calories, sodium, and carbs, the better off you'll be.

1/2 cup Splenda
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sodium reduced soy sauce
1/2 cup water

Mix together all ingredients and heat to a boil. Stir constantly. After 1 minute remove from heat. You can use right away and refrigerate any leftovers. This will make about 1 cup of sauce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dedicating your site to informing the public about dealing with diabetes. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I was diagnosed with Diabetes nearly a year ago and I am still fumbling through recipe adaptations, what I 'can' and 'cannot' eat, etc. Thank you SOOO much for your Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe. I needed a sauce for some meatballs and it worked PERFECTLY!! smile

Anonymous said...

That's a great recipe! I will have to try it sometime.

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Die Or Beat This