Sunday

The Diabetic Diet




When I got home from the hospital I read every word of all the leaflets they gave me at the hospital. I went to the diabetic food pyramid and a lot of other diabetic sites until I had a clear understanding of what I could eat and in what quantity. I experimented a bit and became good at judging portions and making good dietary decisions.
The first thing I noticed was that skipping meal does not make your sugar go down. In fact actually eating a small meal can decrease the sugar.
I found after a while that it wasn't what I was eating as many believe, but rather how much I was eating. Keeping the portions down, eating small portions was the key to my diabetic diet. I still had to pay attention to what I ate, but I was able to enjoy some forbidden food once in a while, and I did.

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Die Or Beat This