Sunday

SHOES, DIABETES, and AMPUTATIONS


I just read an article that says ill-fitted shoes can lead to amputations for diabetics. At first it seemed a bit much to relate the two but as I thought about it, it made a lot of sense.

I have noticed that styles of many heels have very odd and unnatural shaped toes. It's like a triangle shape where the highest point is the location of the middle toe and not the big toe.

I don't know about you but on my feet, the big toe is still the tallest toe. Wearing shoes like this, that are either too tight or that squeeze your toes or other parts of your foot can lead to calluses, sores, or bunions. Foot problems like those can worsen over time and become bad enough to lead to an infection which is very bad for diabetics. This can then lead to an amputation. No one wants that.

About those odd shaped toes on those shoes, I know it's important for a woman to look her best and be in style but that's ridiculous. I cannot respect any ones choice to wear those to mutilate and inflict pain on oneself.

Grow up, don't follow the crowd and be good to your body.

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Die Or Beat This