Tuesday

WHAT CAN I EAT ?

When I first was told I was diabetic, I was also told by my hospital room mate that a good rule of thumb to eating diabetic was no white food. She then began to give me an oral list of foods that she said I could kiss goodbye, like potatoes, white bread, milk, yogurt, etc.

It's a good thing I decided to research the subject myself, because I found out that while I couldn't eat the large portions I was used to, I could indeed enjoy the same foods I always have loved.

So if you are newly diabetic, don't despair! There are so many wonderful foods you can still have. Check the glycemic index list and keep track of the amount of sugar, carbs, and fiber you are consuming and you'll do just fine. If you're unsure about your diet in general ask your doctor to refer you to a dietitian. They can help you make meal plans that will be healthy and keep your sugar level.

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Die Or Beat This